Massage is a great way to relax and de-stress. While we are trained and experienced with many different types of people and condidtions everyone is unique. To really get the most out of your massage communication about expectations and being present for your massage is important.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your massage:
- Make sure to communicate any areas of discomfort or concern to your massage therapist.
- Drink plenty of water before and after your massage.
- Be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your massage appointment to ensure a relaxed start.
- Wear comfortable clothing to your massage appointment.
- Focus on your breathing during your massage to help enhance the relaxation experience.
- Ask questions about the type of massage, any special techniques being used, and the amount of pressure being used.
- Don't be afraid to let your massage therapist know if the pressure is too light or too strong.
- Take the time to enjoy the massage and the benefits it provides.
- Allow yourself to relax and enjoy the experience.
- Give yourself time to rest after the massage, and plan something calming and enjoyable to do afterwards.
Interested in scheduling a massage or want to find out if we are a good fit for you? Contact us today to get started.
- Melissa K Merritt and Jackie